CORNING, Calif. - Rolling Hills Casino and Resort has announced it will reopen to guests on May 21 at 10 a.m.
The casino said it has taken the proper steps to implement sanitation and safety procedures prior to reopening to ensure everyone will return to a safe environment.
“After careful consideration and having full confidence in the health and safety procedures we have put in place, we are pleased to announce the re-opening of Rolling Hills Casino,” said Andrew Alejandre, Tribal Chairman. "We feel confident that we can operate the facility safely and responsibly with the new procedures."
Paskenta Tribal leaders said they made the decision to reopen after consulting with Rolling Hills Clinics' health experts, as well as following guidance from the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
"As the employer of more than 500 individuals, who live in Corning and the surrounding communities, working with [Tehama County] was an essential factor for the Tribe to make the decision to reopen the Casino," the casino shared.
Modified hours will be put in place for the casino so it can go through an "extensive cleaning routine".
In addition to the cleanings, the casino has released a list of procedures for employees and guests.
- Screening Measures: For both employees and guests, temperature checks will be in place using forehead scan thermometers. Anyone with a temperature higher than 100.4 will not be permitted to enter the property.
- Innovative Machine Cleaning: Machines will alert a "Clean Team" when a player leaves so the machine can be thoroughly cleaned.
- Air Filtration: The casino is increasing the capacity of the air filtration system to completely replenish the air inside with outside air every four-and-a-half minutes. Ozone ionizers will also be in use in hotel rooms and in the casino itself.
- Sanitation: Hand-sanitation stations will be readily available throughout the casino and hotel.
- Physical Distancing: Six-foot physical distancing will continue wherever feasible and the casino is reconfiguring the casino floor to promote social distancing. Plastic barriers will also be placed at all point-of-sale registers and countertops.
- Mandatory Masks: All employees and guests will be required to wear masks upon entering the property.
With modified hours of operation, the casino will be open Sunday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to midnight. Friday and Saturday hours will be 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. The casino will reopen on May 21 at 10 a.m.