The Paradise Performing Arts Center is sure to be jumping Tuesday, July 10th, with James McMurtry and Paul Thorn in concert.
Described as a "Night of Rockin' Americana", the artists ... known for their songwriting ... will play as part of a benefit for KZFR 90.1 Community Radio.
KZFR General manager Rick Anderson describes Paul Thorn as a funny singer and songwriter ... a storyteller. He says James McMurtry, who's dad is writer Larry McMurtry, writes prose that he turns into songs that are wonderful. Thorn will play solo, McMurtry will play with his full band.
KZFR is a volunteer-based community radio station that is owned by the community and run by a Board of Directors. It relies on financial support of listeners and will celebrate its 28th Anniversary on July 5th. www.kzfr.org
As far as the concert on July 10th, doors open at 6:30 and the show is at 7:30. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 a the door. They are available at Chico Paper Company, Blaze N' J's in Chico and Paradise, the KZFR Office on Broadway in Chico and through BrownPaperTickets.com.
- Rockin' Americana Concert to Benefit KZFR
- Americana Modern Hotel opens in Redding
- Concert benefits Thermalito girl with cancer
- Concert to Benefit Made in Paradise
- Wildfire Benefit Concert in Paradise September 15th
- El Rey Hosting Camp Fire Benefit Concert
- Khalid announces benefit concert for El Paso
- Mariah Carey returns to 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'
- Mandolin Music Concert to Benefit Sojourner's House on the Ridge
- Paradise Native Organizes Benefit Concert for Camp Fire Victims