UPDATE 11:20 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019 - California Highway Patrol has now opened one lane of controlled traffic on Highway 299W after a rock and mudslide closed a portion of the highway Wednesday morning.
Action News Now reporter Elizabeth Zelidon is on the scene and providing updates.
She said that Caltrans will be at the scene today to securing the hillside.
TRINITY COUNTY, Calif. - Cal Trans District 2 says a rock and mud slide is causing 30-minute delays on a portion of Highway 299W in Trinity County, Wednesday morning.
According to Cal Trans, the rock slide was reported at around 6:50 a.m. on Highway 299W about five miles west of Helena.
Drivers are advised to take an alternative route.
Right now crews are still trying to clear the road and remove a boulder.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
- CHP Opens One Lane of Traffic on Highway 299W After Rock Slide
- Emergency Road Work Initiated on Highway 299W due to Slides
- Update: Highway 299 west of Junction City Now Open after Rock Slide
- CHP: Fatal Accident Off Highway 70
- Highway 299W set to Reopen After Being Closed due to Carr Fire
- UPDATE: Traffic Alert: Highway 32
- Traffic Alert: Redding Highway 44
- CHP investigating deadly crash along Highway 99 in Chico
- CHP: Fertilizer spray truck crashes on the Skyway, traffic affected
- Rain Rock Casino Opens to the Public