SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - An act of road rage landed a man behind bars, according to the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities say 19-year-old Jayden Gomez tail-gaited 48-year-old Brandon Clayton just before 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
When the man lightly tapped his brakes on Cascade Boulevard to tell Gomez he needed more space, he sped up in front of Clayton and abruptly applies his brakes.
When Clayton turned on to Autumn Harvest Way, Gomez followed.
At some point, the sheriff's office says the two vehicles drove side by side, and the drivers of the vehicles exchanged angry words.
During the dispute, Gomez shot the man two times in the face with a BB gun.
The suspect was tracked down shortly after and arrested.
A 17-year-old girl at the scene was also arrested after deputies said she interfered, cursing and spitting at them.
- Man accused of shooting driver in face with BB gun during road rage incident
- Surveillance video of road rage incident in Missouri
- Caught on camera: road rage incident in New Hampshire
- FL: road-rage incident spills out on hwy
- CHP Assistant Chief charged in July road rage incident
- Siskiyou County deputies arrest suspect with BB gun, 'crackpipe'
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges After Alleged Shooting Incident in Siskiyou County
- Redding man arrested at Blackberry Ln. home after shooting incident
- Sunday Afternoon Shooting Incident Reported in Oroville
- Chico police still investigating Wednesday shooting incident