RIVERSIDE, Calif. - A Riverside County couple, accused of starving and torturing 12 of their 13 children, pleaded not guilty in a court room today.
David and Louise Turpin are facing three-dozen felony charges.
Both are being held on a 12 million bail and if convicted, could face up to 100 years behind bars.
The couple's 17-year-old daughter escaped the family's home in Muir Woods on Jan. 14 and told a 911 dispatcher that her sisters were chained to their beds, shackled so tightly that their bodies were bruised.
The parents are scheduled to return to court on Oct. 5.
- Couple Pleads Not Guilty in Alleged Torture Case
- Riverside County couple sentenced for torturing their children
- Cal Fire Captain Pleads Not Guilty in Alleged Sexual Assault Case
- Ex-NBA player Kermit Washington pleads guilty in fraud case
- Shasta County Woman Pleads not Guilty in Illegal Botox Case
- Fairfield Father Charged with Torturing 10 Children
- Teacher Pleads Guilty to Fleeing with Minor
- Man pleads guilty to felony domestic violence
- Alleged thief threatens to shoot a Redding couple