Rising temperatures and poor air quality are on the way for the start of your work week. Temperatures stayed below average for most of our region through the weekend, but are expected to become hotter again over the next few days. Smoke from the Carr Fire and Mendocino Complex Fires will continue to result in unhealthy air quality across Northern California, and people are being advised to limit outdoor activities until it can improve. Temperatures are starting out in the low to mid 60's in the valley this morning, and in the mid 40's to low 50's in the mountains. Winds are expected to mostly stay light today. North winds to 5mph are being reported this morning, and we may see West winds to 5mph this afternoon. Humidity will likely dip back into the 10 to 25 percent range this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to top out in the mid 90's to low triple digits in the valley later today, and mountain areas are projected to top out in the high 80's to mid 90's this afternoon. The rising temperatures and very dry conditions will continue to result in high fire danger across the region this afternoon.
Temperatures will continue to heat up over the next several days. Valley areas are all expected climb into the triple digits again by Wednesday and will top out in the 101 to 105 degree range on Thursday and Friday. Winds are expected to stay mostly light this week. Some minor cooling will be on the way for your weekend, but that will only result in temperatures being knocked back into the mid 90's to low triple digits across the valley.
- Rising temperatures & poor air quality are ahead for your Monday
- Unhealthy air quality & hotter temperatures ahead
- 'County Fire' Pushes Smoke to Shasta County, Poor Air Quality
- Ways to Protect Yourself During Poor Air Quality
- Air Quality Update
- Unhealthy air quality & high fire danger ahead for Northern California
- High fire danger & unhealthy air quality are ahead for today
- Breezy Monday, Warm Temperatures
- Smoke & haze lead to diminished air quality
- Mostly moderate air quality & mild heat today