It's the end of an era for an iconic Redding drive in.
Crews razed Gene's Hamburgers located at the corner of South Market Street and Parkview Avenue Tuesday.
In recent years, the burger restaurant had become a favorite meeting place for car enthusiast on Kool April Nights.
Gene nash opened Gene's back in 1954.
It was quickly known for its 19-cent hamburgers and shakes and 10-cent fries.
But in 2017, Gene's closed its doors for good.
The owner of the property reportedly planned to convert the site into a car lot, but said it turned out to not financially feasible.
- Retro Redding drive-in demolished
- Vina Helitack set to be Demolished
- Chico residents home demolished by tree
- Why people still love retro technology like iPods and instant-film cameras
- Redding Neighboorhood Scared by Drive By Shooting
- Red kettle drive with Action News Now reporters
- Red Bluff Police searching for information about drive by shooting
- Redding Firefighters Knock Down 2 Acre Fire Near Hilltop Drive
- Stuff the Truck Food Drive Kicks Off in Redding
- Redding Police Investigating Major Injury Crash on Hilltop Drive