REDDING, Calif. - The Redding Community for Police Canines announced Tuesday that the retired K9 Tarro has died.
In a Facebook post, the group said that he died over complications in surgery.
Tarro was also the police dog that was poisoned last year by two men in a story that caught national attention. Tarro's handler said in the post that he had an incredibly successful career in crime.
- Retired Redding K9 Dies
- Redding K9 Finds Suspect in Doghouse
- Red Bluff PD K9 receives body armor
- Redding CHP K9 Team Now Trained & Ready
- $5K reward offered after retired K9 was poisoned at Redding home burglary
- Redding Police say suspect assaulted officers, K9 during arrest
- K9 Program at Oroville Schools
- Retired police K9 poisoned after thieves break into owner’s home
- Orland PD Softball Tournament for K9 Unit
- Retirement Community in Redding makes Donation to Haven Humane