BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Cal Fire's Swift Water Rescue Team saved a man trapped in his van in high flood waters on Honcut Road off of Highway 70 on Thursday.
Cal Fire says a man drove his van around barricades and got stuck in high water.
The van was filling up with stormwater when rescuers arrived on scene.
The rescuers were able to get the driver of the van out safely, but the van is still there.
California Highway Patrol plans to wait until it is safe to pull the van out.
Authorities remind the public to turn around if the road is flooded. Do not try to drive through or around the barricades.
- Rescue Crews Save Van Stuck in High Flood Water
- Two Cars Rescued from Palermo Flood Waters
- Heroic firefighters rescue teen stuck in mud slide
- Historic Chico Water Towers Saved
- Pickup truck stuck in sinkhole after water main break
- Rescue teams save humpback whale in Hawaii
- Lake Oroville houseboats stuck ashore
- Video Shows CHP Air Rescue of Two Climbers Stuck on Mt. Shasta
- After 5 Months Stuck In A Drainage Ditch, Rescuers Save Coco The Dog
- UPDATE: Rescue crews still working on So Cal mudslides