CHICO, Calif.--John Cox says he's got a good chance of becoming California's next Governor, even though he is a Republican.
The June 5th Primary election now just weeks away, will narrow down the field for who will be California's next Governor.
The Rancho Sante Fe businessman campaigned in the North State Wednesday.
This Illinois native got a big bump last Friday when the President tweeted an endorsement of Cox to his 52-million followers.
Cox says he grew up a Democrat but switched parties.
His top issues are repealing the California gas tax, and tightening up border security.
Senator Jim Neilsen and Chico Mayor Sean Morgan have thrown their support behind Cox.
A recent USC Dornslife Los Angeles Times Poll put former Mayor of San Francisco Democrat Gavin Newsom in the lead and Cox in second place, ahead of former Mayor of Los Angeles Antonio Villaraigosa.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your primary election coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Republican John Cox Campaigned In Chico
- John Cox Concedes California Governor Election to Gavin Newsom
- Chico State Hosts "Wildcats Vote" Campaign Forum
- Chico Police Enforce 'Click It Or Ticket' Campaign
- Every 15 Minutes campaign returns to Chico high schools
- Chico State President wants to "Transform Tomorrow" through capital campaign
- Chico police share results of 'Turn in Your Vape' campaign
- Another Campaign Sign Theft
- Oroville Campaign Sign Theft
- Campaign Ad Controversy