Shasta College is taking a new spin at Carr Fire recovery.
On Saturday, officials with the Shasta Master Gardeners and Re-Grow Shasta invited Carr Fire survivors to pick up new plants and learn how to reclaim plants that experienced burn related trauma.
The event was so successful that all 400 plants the organizations had were quickly taken to new homes.
“We plan for this to be an ongoing event at least for the next couple of years because some people just arent ready to replant yet they are still their house cleaned up,” said Leimone Waite, Horticulture professor at Shasta College.
The organizers are hoping to hold their next plant giveaway in spring.
- Replanting After the Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Traffic Updates
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special
- Carr Fire Thief Sentenced
- Carr Fire Stalls Construction Work
- Burned Carr Fire Kitty Recovers
- Business Recovery After Carr Fire
- Destructive ‘Carr Fire’ Rips Through Shasta County
- Red Flag Warning around the 'Carr Fire'