UPDATE 7/26/18, 6:47PM:
The Pasero family plans to hold a memorial ceremony in September to remember Bob Pasero. They will be releasing details on an exact time and date on Bob Pasero's Facebook page.
The Pasero family is looking for help from the community to help cover medical costs and Bob's wife, Priscilla. The Paseros recently experienced a house fire at their home and any help from the public is appreciated:
Bob Pasero, a local community leader and former Orland police chief has passed away from cancer. He was 64. People are remembering his life and legacy.
Bob Pasero remains beloved to many in the community, and he leaves behind a powerful legacy.
After six years as police chief, Pasero retired in 2010 to become a community organizer. He was the face of fallen local veterans, as the organizer of the Motor-icicle Run, an annual labor of love.
As president of his church, Pasero also served free soup for the homeless, at the church's annual soup bowl. He even helped many in the community exchange their marriage vows, as an ordained minister. But perhaps what people remember most about Pasero was his love for his family.
- Remembering Bob Pasero, Former Orland Police Chief, Local Hero
- Orland police chief announces retirement
- Orland welcomes new police chief
- Orland Medication Disposal
- Orland students' food insecurity
- Orland appoints first full-time, paid fire chief
- Orland Police Department selling K-9 featured coins
- Orland police investigating gunshots and road rage
- Chico community continues to remember North State 9/11 hero
- Orland CVS Robbery Suspects Identified