REDDING, Calif. - A traffic collision in lead to the arrest of a man in possession of a loaded assault rifle Friday morning.
Around 3:15 a.m. on Friday, officers responded to a crash outside of the Win-River Resort & Casino in Redding.
The driver of the vehicle was identified as Marvin Tucker Hefner, 33, of Susanville.
Hefner was found to be on Post Release Community Supervision for felony-reckless evading of a police officer. He also had one felony warrant and two misdemeanor warrants for his arrest.
A search of his vehicle revealed that he was in possession of an assault rifle that was loaded with one magazine.
He was booked into Shasta County Jail on a felony charge of possession of a firearm, a felon in possession of ammunition, felon in possession of a high-capacity magazine, and violation of post-release supervision.
- Redding traffic collision leads to arrest of man possessing assault rifle
- Humboldt County man finds loaded assault rifles
- Redding Police arrest man for shooting neighbor with airsoft rifle
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Redding Man Arrested for Possession of Stolen Property
- Redding hate crime & assault arrest
- Redding traffic stop leads to arrests for drugs and gun
- Traffic Stop Leads to Manhunt in Redding
- Chico man arrested for violating restraining order with assault rifles, illegal fireworks and drugs