REDDING, Calif. - October is breast cancer awareness month and preparations for the Think Pink event in downtown Redding are already underway.
The month-long event will include a series of events from a 5K run to a pub crawl. The event raises awareness and funds for breast cancer treatment in the North State.
Action News Now talked with Lori Lumbattis who organizes this event about why this event means so much.
“So the purpose of the Think Pink event is to raise awareness for breast cancer," Lumbattis said. "We want everybody to do their monthly self-exams, to know they're ok, and to get their mammograms when needed so that we can reduce the breast cancer fatality here in Shasta County.”
Think pink kicks off Oct. 17 with the Think Pink bag giveaways at Tri Counties bank and continues through Oct. 19 with the pub crawl.
Learn more about Think Pink, HERE
- Redding prepares for 'Think Pink' to promote breast cancer awareness
- Redding First Responders go Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Chico Police Wear Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- CHP Hosting 'Tip a Chippie' for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- American Cancer Society launches 'I can fight breast cancer' campaign
- Redding kicks off Think Pink Week with annual pink bag handout
- Redding Thinks Pink at First Downtown Pub Crawl Event
- 'Fight against breast cancer' walk at Bidwell Park
- Study: Early-Stage Breast Cancer Patients Can Possibly Skip Chemotherapy
- Tip a CHiPPie Event Raises Money for Breast Cancer Initiatives