SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. -- A Redding man led the California Highway Patrol on a high speed chase Sunday evening, according to authorities.
It started around 7 p.m. on 299 just east of I-5.
The CHP said an officer tried to pull over 34-year-old Branden Kerr on his motorcycle for speeding.
Kerr sped off eastbound, going as fast as 118 miles per hour, the CHP said.
Officers chased after him for 16 miles and arrested him by Seaman Gulch Road.
Kerr is currently booked in the Shasta County Jail.
- Redding man leads CHP on high speed chase
- High Speed Chase Leads to Drug Arrest
- CHP catches high-speed drivers by air
- Red Bluff Man Arrested For High Speed Chase & DUI
- Gerber man arrested following high-speed chase
- Oroville CHP arrest Stockton man following high-speed motorcycle chase and crash
- High Speed Chase Leads to Crash with Injuries
- Driver leads officers on high-speed chase in Colusa County
- Armed suspect arrested after high-speed chase in Redding
- Group of teens lead Redding Police on a high speed chase