REDDING, Calif. - Shasta County Coroner's Office responded to the scene of a man who had been killed by a train on Sept. 8, in Redding.
A Deputy Coroner Investigator was dispatched approximately at 12:30 p.m. to a fatal train vs. pedestrian collision near the intersection of Eastside Road and Progress Drive in Redding.
The man suffered major injuries as a result of the collision and was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency personnel.
The man was identified as 72-year-old Gregory Keith Kroll of Redding. His next-of-kin was notified and an autopsy was completed.
The cause of death is exsanguination due to blunt force trauma.
This incident is under investigation by the Redding Police Department and Shasta County Coroner's Office.
- Redding man killed by train
- Redding Police investigating man killed by train
- Identity Released of Pedestrian Killed by Train in Redding
- Authorities identify person killed by train in Redding
- Man killed in fire in Redding identified
- Redding CHP K9 Team Now Trained & Ready
- Firefighters begin aerial training in Redding
- Woman hit by train in Redding
- Identity Released of Man Killed by Amtrak Train in Chico
- Police Identify Man Killed in Redding Plane Crash