REDDING, Calif. - A man fought Redding police while they were attempting to arrest him on domestic violence charges in Redding early Saturday morning.
At approximately 6:00 a.m., a woman called 911 saying that her boyfriend, Brant Brady of Redding, had assaulted her upon waking up. The female victim was able to flee from the apartment and summoned the police.
The victim told officers she tried calling 911 from her cell phone, but Brady took it from her and broke it.
She said Brady was acting irrationally, calling her the “devil” several times.
The victim was physically restrained inside the residence for several minutes before she was able to break free and flee, running to a neighbor’s apartment. She used their phone to call the police.
The woman had sustained injuries from the assault, said police.
Brady was contacted by officers outside of the apartment. He was uncooperative, officers said, and refused to submit to the arrest.
After that a violent struggle ensued. Brady assaulted officers by grabbing and kicking at them. They said they had to use a taser and baton strikes to get Brady into handcuffs.
Brady continued to fight against officers and refused to get into the police car. Ultimately he was placed into leg restraints to prevent further violence on officers and to prevent him from harming himself.
Brady was taken to a local hospital for medical treatment prior to being booked into the Shasta County Jail.
Brady was charged with felony domestic battery, false imprisonment, preventing the use of a cell phone to summon law enforcement, battery on a police officer, and resisting arrest with violence.
One officer also sustained an injury requiring medical treatment at the hospital.
- Redding man fought police during domestic violence arrest
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call
- Man attacks K-9 officer during domestic violence arrest
- 3 Arrested Stemming From Domestic Violence Issue in Shasta Lake
- SCSO: Man Suspected of Domestic Violence Assaults K-9
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Redding police arrest man after 7-hour standoff
- Domestic violence dispute causes short school lock down in Chico
- Domestic violence shelter to be created in Colusa County