Redding Calif.-- Redding Police responded to a report of an attempted carjacking in the downtown parking structure on Market Street just after 6, Tuesday evening.
The 83-year-old victim says he was in the parking lot when he was approached by 24-year-old Casey John Stout of Redding.
Stout aggressively demanded the victim's keys but a citizen intervened and knocked Stout down.
Stout attempted to flee by foot and even attempted to get into a vehicle a citizen was driving by the incident and stopped in traffic.
He was not successful and the driver of the vehicle left the scene.
Stout was arrested and booked into Shasta County Jail for two counts of attempted carjacking, elder abuse, and a violation of his terms of probation.
Please contact the Redding Police Department if you witnessed this incident or have any useful information regarding this case.
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Chico Police arrest man for attempted carjacking
- Virginia Man ID’d as Attempted Carjacking Suspect in Redding
- Three Arrests in Armed Redding Carjacking
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Redding woman arrested for attempted murder
- Redding police arrest man in attempted homicide investigation
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping
- Redding SWAT Team Apprehends Redding Man Wanted for Attempted Murder
- SHERIFF: 6 arrested in connection with carjacking and stabbing investigation