Back in February of this year, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office received information about a 32 year old Shasta County resident Daniel James Francioni, having unlawful sex with a 14 year old girl.
The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit took over the investigation and discovered 3 additional female victims who were 15, and 16 years old when the sexual acts occurred from 2007 to 2016.
On November 29th a Shasta County Superior Court judge issued an arrest warrant for Francioni.
The charges included 5 counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor under 16 years of age and 2 counts of penetration with a foreign object.
The judge set the bail at $1 million dollars.
On November 30th detectives arrested Francioni near his home at the intersection of Olinda Road and Happy Valley Road in Anderson.
He was transported to Shasta County Jail where he was booked on the aforementioned arrest warrant.
Based upon the circumstances and length of time that Francioni has been reportedly committing these crimes, detectives believe there are other possible sexual assault victims of Francioni that have not yet been identified. If anyone has information about this investigation or knows of other victims they are urged to contact the Major Crimes Unit at 530-245-6135
- Redding man arrested for alleged 5 counts of unlawful sex with a minor
- Man Arrested for Alleged Sex Crimes
- Redding Homeless Count Begins
- Red Bluff Police Arrest Man for Sex Crimes with a Minor
- Redding man arrested, charged with lewd acts with minor
- Chico sex offender arrested on charges of contacting minor
- Redding doctor arrested on 9 felony counts of sexual abuse
- Yuba City man arrested for sexually assaulting a minor
- Coach Arrested for Human Trafficking of Minor
- Anderson teacher sentenced for sex abuse of minor