REDDING, Calif. - Redding Police have arrested a man for driving under the influence causing injury after a crash.
Police and Redding Fire responded to a report of a crash between two cars on Lake Boulevard and Panorama Drive at around 10:23 p.m. Tuesday.
One vehicle, a gray 2011 Ford pick-up, had attempted to leave and the other driver was being detained by citizens. Passengers in the other vehicle, a red 2000 Honda CRV, were both injured and requesting an ambulance.
The investigation revealed the red Honda was northbound on Lake Boulevard being driven by Ariana Coonce,18 years of Redding. Dorothy Graunstadt, 18 years of Redding, was a passenger in the vehicle.
The Ford pickup, driven by Blaine Coon, 21 years of Redding, was westbound on St. Nicholas and failed to stop for the stop sign. The vehicles collided causing minor injuries to Coonce and Graunstadt. Both vehicles sustained moderate damage and had to be towed from the scene.
Police say Coon was determined to be driving a vehicle under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for D.U.I. causing injury.
Coonce and Graunstadt suffered minor injuries but did not require transport to the hospital by ambulance. All parties were properly restrained in their vehicles at the time of the collision. Airbags deployed in both vehicles.
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury
- Red Bluff Man Arrested For High Speed Chase & DUI
- Alleged DUI Driver Overturns Car, Causes Property Damage in Redding
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- Chico Police: Man Arrested In DUI Collision
- Suspected DUI driver speeds, crashes, gets major injuries
- UPDATE: DUI driver runs red light causing multi-car accident in Chico
- Man Arrested for Felony DUI and Hit and Run
- Dennis Rodman arrested on suspicion of DUI
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico