Photo Gallery 1 Images
REDDING, Calif. - A man has been arrested in Redding following a car chase where he shot at two victims.
Early Saturday morning, Officers received a call from a woman saying she was being shot at in Downtown Redding. When Officers arrived at the scene, they found a Chevy Tahoe crashed into a building at the intersection of Market and Tehama Streets.
Officers say they then located two victims on foot several blocks away from the crashed vehicle and they told Officers they were on Nancy Court when Kevin Butcher confronted them, armed with a shotgun.
After fleeing the area, Butcher, of Redding, chased them and continually shot at them as they drove through town.
Because they were trying to flee from gunfire at a high rate of speed, Officers say the victims crashed into the building at the intersection.
Fearing they would continue to be shot at, the victims fled on foot to where they were later located by Officers.
Redding Police say they located Butcher, 46, who was armed with a loaded shotgun that matched the description made by the victims.
Witnesses and evidence supported what the victims' said and Officers arrested Butcher for assault with a deadly weapon and discharging a firearm at an occupied vehicle.
- Redding man arrested after Police say he shot at an occupied vehicle
- Marysville Police arrest man on attempted murder charges, shots fired at occupied home
- Redding Police Arrest Two Women for Tampering with Vehicles
- Man arrested for vehicle theft after pursuit in Redding
- Man arrested for DUI in Redding after multiple vehicle collision
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Redding police arrest man after 7-hour standoff
- POLICE: Redding man arrested for domestic violence
- Redding Police arrest axe wielding man
- Paradise Town Council to Hold Meeting on Re-Occupying Property