REDDING, Calif. - Agents from the Shasta Interagency Narcotic Task Force arrested a 37-year-old man after a search warrant led to multiple assault weapons and drugs.
Agents with assistance from the Redding Police Department Investigations Division, Neighborhood Police Unit, and California Highway Patrol Investigative Services Unit served a search warrant at 1613 Kenyon drive on Wednesday, they announced in a press release.
37-year-old Shawn Evan Copelin was the subject named in the search warrant. Agents said he also had a felony warrant for his arrest for failing to appear from previous arrests.
During the search warrant, agents said they located one short-barreled assault rifle, three additional assault weapons all banned under California law, a stolen handgun, 1 ½ pound of Meth, and approximately ¾ of a pound of Heroin, along with $6,600 cash were also seized.
Copelin is a previously convicted felon with a lengthy criminal history, according to the Shasta Interagency Narcotic Task Force.
He was booked into the Shasta County Jail on numerous charges including; possession of Heroin for sale, possession of Methamphetamine for sale, felon in possession of firearms, and possession of Assault Weapons.
Agents said they obtained a bail enhancement due to the fact Copelin has four previous cases filed with the District Attorney’s Office since May of 2019.
Copelin's bail was set at $300,000.00, agents said.
- Redding man arrested after search warrant reveals multiple assault weapons and drugs
- Paradise Police arrest man for multiple warrants
- Various Weapons Found at Chico Home Stemming from Search Warrant
- Search warrant leads to 3 arrests
- Manton man arrested for assault with a deadly weapon
- Chico Man Arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Anderson man arrested for assault with deadly weapon
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Redding hate crime & assault arrest
- Anderson police find drugs and weapons during home search