A house fire in Redding that started from a pile of discarded ashes burned part of a home today in Redding.
The house is on the 1000 block of 2nd Street off of Bechelli Lane.
Redding's fire chief Gerry Gray said at this time of year they respond to a lot of fires like this.
He says people need to be careful with discarded ashes from their woodstoves, and also with candles and heating appliances.
This fire started on the side of the house before it worked its way into the ceiling.
Responders knocked it out pretty quickly, and kept it isolated to one part of house.
The family who live in this home will most likely be displaced tonight, says the fire chief.
- Redding house fire leaves family displaced
- Family Displaced Momentarily After Oroville Duplex Fire
- Redding structure fire displaces one family and caused the death of a pet
- Family Displaced by Camp Fire Gets Holiday Gift from Neighbors
- Thousands of Evacuees Displaced in Camp Fire Housing Crisis
- Oroville family escapes house fire
- Evacuees displaced from the Klamathon Fire
- Redding fire crews quickly extinguish house fire
- Redding Fire Department: House Fire in East Redding
- Family Escapes Duplex Fire in Redding