UPDATE 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 7, 2019 - According to the Redding Fire Department the cause of the fire has been determined as a faulty electrical outlet.
UPDATE 10 a.m. Tuesday, May 7, 2019 - Redding firefighters were able to contain the house fire on Alden Avenue in east Redding.
According to Michael Hamm of the Redding Fire Department, fire crews were dispatched to a home at 2355 Alden Avenue around 9:15 a.m.
When crews arrived on the scene, they found the structure 50% involved.
There was one person inside the home, but they were able to make it out safely. They were transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation.
One firefighter was also transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation. Both people are expected to be OK.
Authorities said this is the fourth structure fire that crews have responded to in the last 48 hours.
The cause is still under investigation.
REDDING, Calif. - Redding firefighters are at the scene of a structure fire on Alden Avenue.
The fire was reported around 9:15 a.m. at Alden Avenue, in east Redding.
All fire department resources are at the scene. They said the home was lost to the fire and Shasta View Drive and Alden Avenue are completely closed.
We have a reporter on the way to the fire. Stay tuned for updates.
— Redding Firefighters (@reddingff_1934) May 7, 2019
- Redding Fire Dept. determine cause of Alden Ave. structure fire
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Redding Investigators Determine Cause of House Fire
- Redding Fire Dept. Staffing Levels Too Low
- 24 fire personnel respond to residential structure fire in Redding
- Fire crews extinguish 2 Gridley structure fires
- Fire Crews Battle Structure, Vegetation Fire
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Magalia Structure Fire
- Fire crews respond to Biggs structure fire
- Redding firefighters respond to structure fire on Churn Creek Road