REDDING, Calif. - The Redding Fire Department quickly put out a structure fire on Placer St. Sunday night.
The fire department said when it arrived at 2052 Placer St. just after 6:30 p.m., firefighters reported lite smoke coming from the rear of the structure.
Firefighters quickly put the fire out with no spread to the interior or nearby exposures.
The Redding Fire Department said the cause of the fire was by discarding smoking materials in a plastic trash can that smoldered and grew in size.
There were no injuries reported as firefighters remained on the scene for about an hour and a half.