REDDING, Calif. - The Redding Fire Department responded to a fire at the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) that caused more than $75,000 in damages.
Firefighters arrived at IHOP, located at 2495 Hilltop Drive, around 11:14 p.m. on Wednesday night.
Smoke was coming from the roof of the building and there was a small fire in the kitchen on the first floor.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and ventilate the building. The building was unoccupied at the time, as the restaurant was closed for the evening.
Authorities say that the fire was caused by a gas-operated griddle being left on. The heat from the griddle caused a grease fire and spread to other areas in the kitchen.
The fire caused moderate damage to the cooking and serving areas in the kitchen and smoke caused damage to the remainder of the building. According to the department, the building damage estimate is $75,000-$100,000.
The restaurant is currently closed, and Action News Now is working to learn when it will reopen.
Stay tuned for updates.
Photo courtesy of Jackie Lawrence.
- Fire causes temporary closure of Redding IHOP, thousands in damages
- Max Capacity at Chico Compost Facility Causes Temporary Closure
- Temporary Closure Around Minerva 5 Salvage Project south of Quincy
- Tree Fall Causes Temporary Closure of Clark Road in Paradise
- Target Date Announced for Closure of Temporary Animal Shelters
- IHOP changing name to IHOB
- Enterprise Park closure in Redding
- Fire causes damage to Red Bluff business
- Camp Fire: School Closures
- PG&E to cut down thousands of fire damage trees