REDDING, Calif. - Flames broke out from the backside of a home in Redding on Friday.
The Redding Fire Department arrived at the 1700 block of Railroad and Henry Avenue around noon. Crews cut a hole on the roof to let the smoke come out from the one-story home.
However, crews were able to knock down the fire within 15 minutes.
One person was living in the home but evacuated safely. The home is partially burned, at this time the estimated cost of damage has not been determined.
Fire crews remained on scene for two hours performing cleanup and investigating the fire.
No injuries have been reported. Fire crews determined the cause of the fire to be from improperly discarded smoking materials.
- Redding fire crews quickly extinguish house fire
- Fire Crews Work Quickly to Extinguish Fire
- Residential Fire in Redding Quickly extinguished by Fire Crews
- Crews extinguish Oroville house fire
- Fire crews extinguish 2 Gridley structure fires
- Redding Fire Department quickly extinguished a structure fire at an automotive shop in Redding
- Cal Fire extinguishes Magalia house fire
- Crews extinguish mobile home fire in Palermo
- Crews work to extinguish fire in Bangor
- Crews extinguish fire caused by illegal fireworks in Redding