The California Highway Patrol is teaming up with Mercy Medical Center in Redding and conducting free child safety seat inspections to ensure your child safety seat is properly installed in the vehicle and property fits the child.
An unrestrained child in a car is at significant risk of injury or death in the event of a traffic collision.
Data collected by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that among 4 to 8 year olds, there is strong evidence of reduced risk of injury when a child is restrained in a child safety seat, rather than a lap and shoulder belt alone.
The car seat checkup event will be Friday January 12th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Kohls on Browning Street in Redding.
- Redding child car seat check-up event
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- CHP: How to make sure your child's car seat is safe and secure
- Two Arrested After Patrol Check in Redding
- Redding Event Combines Craft Beer and Shopping
- Study Shows Majority of Car Seats Used Incorrectly
- TCSO: Red Bluff woman attempts to cash stolen check
- Car crashes into house in Redding
- Car crashes into home in Redding
- Redding Woman Dead After Car Hits Tree