Over the weekend, a Redding boy headed to Chico, to fulfill his mission of honoring fallen veterans.
This weekend, Americans everywhere celebrated Wreaths Across America.
Twelve-year-old Preston Sharp was joined by local volunteers in laying flags and flowers on veteran's graves in Chico.
Sharp started the F&F Challenge, which stands for flag and flowers, urging everyone to "record" themselves saying the name of the veterans out loud, and thanking them for their service, and then posting it online asking others to do the same.
“Every veteran that has served for us needs to be honored and thanked for their service and I just feel like that I need to do that and if I don't, it just doesn't feel good and I feel really good when I do this and honoring veterans,” Sharp said.
Sharp also said he next plans to honor veterans in Medford, Oregon on Jan. 3.
- Redding boy continues commitment to honor nation’s veterans
- Volunteers Build Shed for Redding Boy who Honors Veterans
- Redding Boy Who Honors Veterans Invited to Super Bowl
- Redding boy issues social media challenge to help honor veterans
- Honoring a Paradise veteran
- Redding Honors Veterans During 25th Annual Memorial Day Service
- National School Threat Reaches Redding
- Oroville military veterans honored with wreaths
- Vietnam veterans honored in Shasta County
- Suspected veteran memorial vandal arrested in Redding