Redding, Calif -- A Redding family started their day just like any other Friday.
But when a woman arrived at her home on Greenstone Place, she was confronted by a man who told her to leave.
Redding police say 28-year-old Redding resident, Shadoe Rivers Sander, had entered the home after dodging a security gate and entering through the garage.
Once inside he told the homeowners to leave, claiming the house was his.
After a moment he left, taking with him her sense of security.
"He actually ended up stealing several sets of keys to the house to the home office as well as some cars and garage door openers," said Sergeant Brian Cole from the Redding Police Department.
Police say they searched for Sanders for nearly two hours before they saw him walking back up this street towards the home
This time he was carrying a large metal pipe.
Officers then booked Sanders into the Shasta County Jail for his 32nd time since 2009.
"It’s for a variety of incidents mostly for narcotics, theft related, and failures to appear on felony warrants," added Cole.
Police say although the man is now behind bars, the family is still shaken up.
"I’m not sure what additional measures they’re going to take. I’m sure they’re in contact with their neighbors and make sure they share information on it," Cole said.
- Redding woman confronts burglar inside home
- Redding Police: Burglar Found Sleeping Behind Business
- Redding K-9 Captures Church Burglar Suspect
- Redding family's home is burglarized and their son’s ashes were stolen
- Alleged ‘Santa Claus’ burglar found on top of Redding market
- Alleged ATM Burglars Caught in Redding, 1 Suspect Outstanding
- Rabid Bat Found Inside Live Oak Home
- Woman caught burglarizing, possessing explosives, accomplice at large: SCSO
- Ex-USA Gymnastics doctor, confronted by victims
- Alaska: The Inside Passage