Seniors at several Redding nursing homes got a special holiday surprise Friday from some unexpected guests.
Employees from Everything Medical and their family members hand-delivered Christmas presents they collected in their store over the past several weeks.
We caught up with them at Copper Ridge care center in Redding and spoke with some recipients to learn what this small gesture means for them.
“Most of my family are 2,000 miles away,” Copper Ridge resident Chester Gay said. “It really brightens my spirits. And I appreciate the presents. I don't know what they are, but I'll find out later on today.”
And the experience was heartwarming not only for those receiving presents, but for those giving them as well.
“It's special,” volunteer Violet Adelman said. “And it makes me very happy that they get gifts and that they're happy.”
The organizer of the gift drive said many seniors cried when they got their gifts.
One man they delivered to today said he hadn't received a Christmas present in 10 years.
All in all, they delivered gifts to more than 350 seniors in Redding and surrounding areas.
- Redding Volunteers spread Christmas Cheer to Seniors in Need
- Christmas tree lighting ceremony brings holiday cheer to Downtown Chico
- Redding Business Collects Gifts for Needy Seniors
- Police and volunteers clean up Redding park
- Fully engulfed apartment fire in Redding spreads to attic
- Chico Fire ‘Santa’ brings holiday cheer
- Pioneer Christmas Party in Red Bluff
- Volunteers Build Shed for Redding Boy who Honors Veterans
- 36th Annual lighted Christmas Parade in downtown Redding
- Shed Fire Spreads to Vegetation in Magalia