REDDING, Calif - When driving around, Redding residents and visitors may run into a few road closure signs.
And they’re popping up all around town.
”We have several projects going on right now. Its going to be a busy summer,” said Associate Director of Public Works Ryan Bailey.
Yes, construction is going on all around Redding.
From the expansion of Quartz Hill Road, to the sewer work near Enterprise High School.
So I spoke with Bailey to find out why are there so many projects ?
And are they related?
“Besides the Placer Street Project all of the projects are contractors we bid out and being that it’s summer they all happen to fall close together,” said Bailey.
Bailey says his department placed bids over the winter for the four to five sewer and water line projects that they’re currently working on, and now that the weather has improved, they have a small window to get the work done.
This projects aims at upgrading sewer lines and caping the roads for longevity, but these aren’t the only projects they have in store.
"Couple small ones like Middleton will be coming in the next week or two start up. Most of them are starting now, and are going through summer. Some will be a little shorter than others, but then they will go through summer. But they should be done by the end of the year," said Bailey.
- Redding Under Construction
- Progress of Redding construction projects
- Highway 36 Construction in Red Bluff
- Redding Open House on Proposed Construction on Market Street Promenade
- Construction to Begin on old Dicker's Building in Downtown Redding
- California Unemployment In Construction
- New Proposed Roundabout Construction
- Reinventing Redding
- Carr Fire Stalls Construction Work
- Lake Oroville Spillways Construction Update