Redding, Calif. --
The Redding Sav•Mor is closed until further notice due to a portion of the roof collapsing.
Action News Now was on scene to hear the account from employees. Two employees say they were stocking the shelves in aisle two just before 11 p.m. Tuesday, when a portion of the roof collapsed two aisles away. The employees say they heard a loud crash and what felt like an earthquake.
Redding Fire crews responded to the grocery story on Westide Road and Meadowbrook Drive. Crews were already in the area due to flooding nearby. Redding Electric Utility also responded to assess repairs.
Action News Now spoke to the co-owner of the store as well. He says he is glad no one was hurt, and that this happened after hours. He also says Sav•Mor has had a rough year. Two of their stores in Paradise and one of their stores in Magalia had been closed due to the Camp Fire, and only recently reopened.
The Redding Fire Chief says the roof collapse was weather-related. However, he is investigating the exact cause.
- Redding Sav•Mor closed after weather-related roof collapse
- Sav-Mor in Redding reopens after roof collapsed
- Crews work to reopen Sav-Mor in Redding after roof collapse
- Sav-Mor in Redding on track to reopen Saturday
- Redding Accepting Proposals for Cannabis-Related Businesses
- Woodstock's Pizza closed in Chico after ceiling collapse
- Raising the roof, Diamond Hotel
- Weather-related multi-car crash in Oroville
- VA Redding Outpatient Clinic Closed due to Weather Conditions
- Redding Bike Patrol Busts 3 in Drug-Related Activities