REDDING, Calif. - Redding has been given the unflattering title of the fourth worst city in the entire country for car thefts, according to an insurance website.
With more than 91,000 people living in the Shasta County city, it is also the top California city to make the list, according to “Insureify.”
The report also shows that for every 100,000 people in the area there are 750 cars stolen.
Some Redding residents say it’s a problem that seems to be getting worse.
“I would go to any big city and feel comfortable leaving my car and in Redding, it is just really bad I can go on the computer any given day and see four or five posts of people’s cars who have been stolen,” said Robyn Thomas, a resident of Redding.
Other California cities that made the list were Bakersfield, Modesto and Stockton.
- Redding Ranked 4th Worst City in the US for Car Thefts
- Redding Ranked Dangerous for Bicyclists
- Red Bluff Little League Theft
- Car Thefts and Burglaries Remain Constant in Redding
- Chico named worst city for binge drinking
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Three arrests in Redding auto-theft sting
- String of mailbox thefts in Redding
- Mail Theft an Issue in Redding
- Chico Police: Car thefts, break-ins down