REDDING, Calif. - It was a big Saturday night at the Win-River Casino in Redding -- when hundreds came out for the 2019 Redding Rancheria Community Fund dinner.
Everyone donned their best black-and-white attire because that was the theme this year.
This is a major annual fundraiser created to celebrate organizations that received grants from the community fund in the prior year.
Redding Rancheria Tribal Chair Jack Potter described the philanthropic dinner as one of the tribe's "signature events.:
"It's one of our largest fundraisers," he said. "And this year we went with a simple black-and-white theme instead of these other extravagant ones. We thought, let's take it down a tone or two."
Last year, the Rancheria granted more than $200,000 to 51 local organizations.
- Redding Rancheria's Community Fund dinner is signature event for tribe
- Redding Rancheria awarded Shasta County with grant
- Redding Rancheria Tribal Government Officials introduced
- Redding Rancheria Mourns Loss of Tribal Elder
- Former Redding Rancheria Chair Laid to Rest
- Lucero campaign holds petition signature event
- Local tribes holds annual Salmon Giveaway event in South Oroville
- Estom Yumeka Tribe Holds Salmon Giveaway
- Redding Rodeo Parade is always a great community event
- Never Before Seen Amazon Tribe Caught on Drone Video