Photo Gallery 2 Images
Redding, Calif.—CEO and Tribal Elder of the Redding Rancheria, Barbara Murphy has passed away.
Barbara Murphy was a former chairwoman and the last living original distribute of the 17 original distributees.
Barbara Murphy was born and raised on the Rancheria.
She worked as a nurse aide at the former Shasta General Hospital.
Barbara Murphy wrote the Tribal Constitution in 1986, which has never needed to be amended.
She was elected to the first seven-member Redding Rancheria Tribal Council and then elected as Tribal Chairwoman.
The tribal community mourns her loss and will always be appreciative of her life work and impact that she had.
- Redding Rancheria Mourns Loss of Tribal Elder
- Redding Rancheria Tribal Government Officials introduced
- Redding Rancheria awarded Shasta County with grant
- Former Redding Rancheria Chair Laid to Rest
- Redding Rancheria's Community Fund dinner is signature event for tribe
- Indigenous women in Redding bring awareness to missing tribal member
- Redding Deputies Searching for Elder Abuse Robbery Suspect
- Update: Elder abuse suspect caught near Redding Homeless Encampment
- Friends and Family Mourn Loss of Cottonwood Teen
- Shasta County Elder Abuse Prevention Month Events