Redding, CA, January 22, 2018- The Redding Rancheria Tribal Government introduces its Redding Rancheria Tribal Government Officials for 2017-2018.
The governing body of the Redding Rancheria is the Tribal Council which is composed of seven Council members and three alternate Council members elected by its membership.
The four candidates receiving the most votes are elected for a two-year term and the other three candidates are elected for a one-year term. The three alternate positions are elected for one-year terms.
The current Council is:
Jack Potter Jr.-Tribal Chairperson
Michelle Hayward-Vice Chair
Patti Spaulding –Secretary
Jeremy Hayward- Treasurer
Council members are: Hope Wilkes, Jason Hayward Jr., and Leon Benner
Alternate positions are: Don Benner. -1st Alternate, Jason Hart - 2nd Alternate, and Glen Hayward-3rd Alternate.
The Redding Rancheria Tribal Council has been delegated broad governing responsibilities and powers and among these are the responsibilities to establish goals, make and enforce laws, and manage the economic affairs of the Tribe. The government of the Redding Rancheria exercises, protects and enhances the sovereign right of self-government while promoting a lasting cultural and community identity and traditions for all members of the Tribe.
- Redding Rancheria Tribal Government Officials introduced
- Redding Rancheria Mourns Loss of Tribal Elder
- Redding Rancheria awarded Shasta County with grant
- Former Redding Rancheria Chair Laid to Rest
- Redding Rancheria's Community Fund dinner is signature event for tribe
- Indigenous women in Redding bring awareness to missing tribal member
- Redding Introduces New City Flag
- McConnell introduces short-term spending bill to avert government shutdown
- Redding fire officials investigating auto yard fire
- Oroville City Council Introduces Two Cannabis Ordinances