UPDATE 11:15 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13 - Authorities have identified the man who was struck and killed by a train in Redding on Sunday.
Investigators said 39-year-old Robert Alan Bacon of Redding was killed by a train near Lake Boulevard in Redding on Feb. 9.
The incident remains under investigation by the Redding Police Department and Shasta County Coroner’s Office.
REDDING, Calif. - Redding police responded to a report of a man being struck and killed by a train early Sunday morning.
According to police, the incident occurred Sunday, Feb 9 at 8:30 a.m. and took place directly underneath Lake Boulevard.
Police say the Union Pacific train was heading southbound, it then came around a curve and the man was seen sitting on the railroad tracks.
The train was unable to stop and the man was struck and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The man is currently unidentified at this time and police are investigating.
- Authorities identify man struck and killed by a train in Redding
- Authorities identify person killed by train in Redding
- Authorities identify woman killed in Redding crash
- Redding man killed by train
- Authorities identify man killed in Redding officer-involved shooting
- Authorities identify man killed in suspected DUI crash in Redding
- Authorities identify man killed in Oroville shooting
- Man on motorcycle killed by train, identified
- Man struck and killed by train in Shasta Lake
- Man killed in fire in Redding identified