Redding Police say on November 15th, 2017, Shawna Toal, 25, of Redding called to report her vehicle had been stolen from in front of her residence, sometime during the night time hours. A police report was filed.
On November 16th, 2017, friends of the victim called to report they were following the vehicle into downtown Redding. Officers with the Redding Police Department converged on the area and located the vehicle being operated by Steven Lane Miranda (age 41, of Redding). Miranda was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle, possession of burglary tools (shaved key), drug and weapons related charges, and violation of probation. He was booked into the Shasta County Jail.
This is the seventh arrest for Miranda in the past year. He was just recently arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail on November 11th, 2017 for being in possession of another stolen vehicle.
- Redding Police say a car thief was found with help from the victim's friends
- Redding Police arrest "Habitual Thief"
- Thief Arrested While Fleeing Redding Police
- Suspected Package Thief Captured in Redding
- Chico Police chase and arrest suspected car thief
- Carr Fire Thief Sentenced
- Anderson Police: Identity Thief Facing Federal Charges
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Redding Police: Burglar Found Sleeping Behind Business
- Alleged thief threatens to shoot a Redding couple