UPDATE 9:12 a.m. Thursday, 2019 - Redding Police said they arrested a wanted felon after a standoff that lasted for several hours on Miller Street.
Redding police officially identified the suspect as Marty Winn, of Redding. They said he has an extensive history of violence.
REDDING, Calif. - Redding Police remain in a stand-off Wednesday night with a wanted felon who's holed up in a home on Miller Street.
SWAT team members have fired multiple rounds of tear-gas, but so far the suspect has not come out of the home. This all started just after 4 p.m. as a probation search.
Police have not released the man's name but say he possibly had four outstanding felony warrants. The suspect's mother is on the scene and she identified the suspect as Marty Winn.
"This is all because he didn't go back to court and I told them, I said, even all of this is not necessary. This is not necessary. We can prevent this. I said my other sons are here, my grandkids are here. We can talk to him," said Wanda Wilkes, Winn's mother.
- Redding police arrest man after 7-hour standoff
- Redding Police: Wanted Felon's Daughter Ends Standoff
- Man Arrested After Beanbag Shotgun Standoff in Redding
- Redding man arrested for holding girlfriend hostage in armed standoff with police
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Man arrested after hours long standoff
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Redding Police arrest "Habitual Thief"
- Redding police arrest stabbing suspect
- Redding police arrest suspected prowler