REDDING, Calif. - Redding Police arrested man after a high-speed chase through the Win-River Casino Parking lot.
Police say an officer tried to pull over Mark Anthony Hense, 32, of Redding, in the area of Highway 273 near Canyon Road on Thursday. Police say Hense had a felony warrant for his arrest for sales of a controlled substance and was on Post Release Community Supervision.
Officers say Hense pulled into the parking lot of Win-River Casino and began speeding between parked cars and disappeared from view. The vehicle was found abandoned nearby.
A search of the area led to information that Hense was attempting to leave in a truck near the west end of the property. Officers located the truck and attempted to contact Hense inside it. Hense fled from the vehicle on foot towards Clear Creek. Officers pursued Hense into the wooded area and caught up to him. He continued to resist and was apprehended by K9 Otto and eventually placed under arrest.
Police say a woman who remained behind in the truck advised that she was in a dating relationship with Hense and had been experiencing ongoing physical abuse. Police say Hense also threatened to kill her if she tried to leave him. The woman had visible injuries supporting her claims of physical abuse.
Hense was transported to Shasta Regional Medical Center for a medical clearance. He was then booked at the Shasta County Jail for felony domestic violence, criminal threats, resisting officers, possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia, a felony warrant and a violation of probation.
- Redding Police arrest man after car chase through Win River Casino parking lot
- Expansion planned for Win-River Casino in Redding
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar
- Police Arrest Man for Chasing Woman from Redding to Anderson
- Redding man arrested on meth charges in coffee shop parking lot
- Redding police arrest suspected drug dealer after brief chase
- Red Bluff Man Arrested For High Speed Chase & DUI
- Chico Police chase and arrest suspected car thief
- Redding Police: Neighborhood Prowlers Chased, Captured
- Stolen car police chase, one passenger dead