REDDING, Calif.- Redding Police said a man was killed by a train in the area of Breslauer Lane and State Route 273 in Redding on Monday morning.
Officers arrived at the scene around 2 a.m. on Monday morning.
Authorities said they found a 60-year-old man dead on the tracks.
It is unknown why he was standing on the tracks when he was hit.
The Union Pacific Train was traveling south from Dunsmuir to Roseville.
Action News Now is working to learn more about the circumstances surrounding the crash, and the victim's identity. Stay tuned for updates.
- Redding Police investigating man killed by train
- Redding man killed by train
- NTSB Investigates Redding Plane Crash That Killed Man and Dog
- Redding police arrest man in attempted homicide investigation
- Redding Death Investigation Underway
- Red Bluff Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide
- Redding Police investigate drug homes, three arrested
- Red Bluff Police investigating single-vehicle collision
- Identity Released of Pedestrian Killed by Train in Redding
- Authorities identify person killed by train in Redding