UPDATE: 2/6/2018 2:10 p.m.
His passenger was identified as 36 year old Kristionna Anne Quaid of Redding, California. She was transported to Mercy Medical Center, but later died as the result of her injuries suffered in the collision.
Two people are now dead following a motorcycle crash in Redding.
CHP investigators say a 33 year old man was driving a Harley Davidson westbound on Keswick Dam Road with a female passenger around 3:30 p.m. Sunday. The driver lost control in a curve and laid the bike on its side. It traveled across the double yellow line and into the path of an oncoming SUV. The driver of the SUV swerved, but could not avoid striking the bike.
The two riders ended up trapped under the SUV. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene, the 31 year old woman from Redding died Monday at a local hospital.
Their names have not been released.
The woman and child in the SUV were not injured. The crash remains under investigation.
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Redding
- 1 killed in Highway 3 motorcycle crash
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Redding
- Motorcycle Crash Causes Traffic Issues near Downtown Redding
- Motorcycle Crashes on Mangrove Avenue
- Redding brothers killed in Ethiopia plane crash
- Redding Police find motorcycle theft suspect hiding behind trash can
- Highway Patrol Identifies Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash in Shasta County
- Driver Killed in Early Morning Rollover Crash in Red Bluff
- Police Identify Man Killed in Redding Plane Crash