REDDING, Calif. -Redding Police say they tracked down a motorcycle theft suspect hiding behind a trash can.
Police say a citizen reported Cory Ray Arguello, 25 years old of Oroville, as a suspicious suspect with a rifle in an apartment complex at 540 South Street in Redding at around 3:30 a.m. Monday. Police say Arguello was heard leaving the complex on a motorcycle.
The citizen reported his Harley Davidson had been stolen. Officers spotted Arguello traveling south on Park Marina Avenue on the motorcycle. Officers tried to stop Arguello, but say he refused to stop and led police on a chase.
Police say he abandoned the motorcycle in the 2700 block of Wyndham Lane and fled on foot.
Officers set up a perimeter and began a search of the area with a police K-9 and a helicopter from the California Highway Patrol. A resident on Wyndham Lane called 911 to report someone running through her backyard. The CHP helicopter directed police to the backyard, and Redding Police K9 Njord alerted officers to a trash can.
Police found Arguello hiding behind the trash can. He was arrested for stealing the motorcycle and evading officers.
Arguello also had warrants for his arrest for vehicle theft and possession of stolen property. He was booked at the Shasta County Jail.
- Redding Police find motorcycle theft suspect hiding behind trash can
- Car theft victim helps Chico Police find suspect
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Redding
- Redding police find missing woman
- Redding K9 Finds Suspect in Doghouse
- Redding Police Clean up Trash from Illegal Camps
- Redding Police Clean Trash Left at Illegal Campsites
- Redding police arrest stabbing suspect
- Redding police arrest suspected prowler
- Red Bluff Little League Theft