Redding Police are putting out a notice to ease the minds of parents and students.
They say a social media post currently making the rounds, warning students to not shot up at "SHS", is actually about a high school in Ohio.
They say a Facebook post by someone identifying themselves as “Ray Andres” has been viewed by many local students and parents. The content of that message has caused numerous calls to local law enforcement. The post warns students not to show up to “SHS” because he will “shoot” up the school. A screen shot of this post is depicted below.
Law enforcement in Ohio has identified this threat as pertaining to Springfield High School in Springfield, Ohio. This post has nothing to do with any local schools in the Shasta County area.
Citizens are encouraged to report any suspicious activity related to our schools as soon as possible.
- Redding Police clarify social media threat not about Shasta schools
- Orland High School social media threat not credible, superintendent says
- Social media threat against Willows High School deemed not credible
- Corning Cemetery Clarifies Rules after Social Media Post Claims Someone Removing Grave Site Items
- Enterprise High School student makes gun threat on social media, police say
- National School Threat Reaches Redding
- Hamilton City Teenager Arrested for Alleged Social Media Threat
- Redding boy issues social media challenge to help honor veterans
- Police say threat made on Redding high school was fake
- Red Bluff police: school shooting threat deemed not credible