UPDATE 11:51 a.m. Friday, Aug. 9, 2019 - Loy Choy Saechao pleaded not guilty Friday to charges of assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, terrorist threats, and resisting arrest.
Saechao will appear for a preliminary hearing on Aug. 22, 10:30 a.m.
REDDING, Calif.- Redding police arrested a man suspected of attacking his parents with a metal pipe.
This happened Tuesday night around 9 p.m. on Arizona Street.
Police responded to a disturbance and saw the parents outside their house.
They ran away in fear of their son, 43-year-old Loy Choy Shaechao.
Police say Saechao had barricaded himself in the home. Officers entered and found him locked in a bedroom with the metal pipe.
Eventually, they were able to gain entrance and arrested Saechao with help from K-9 Hank.
Saechao was placed under arrest for assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, terrorist threats, and resisting arrest.
He was transported to a local hospital for treatment and later booked into the Shasta County Jail.
- Man accused of attacking his parents with a pipe pleaded not guilty
- Man Accused of Killing Woman on Chico State Campus Pleads Not Guilty
- Man accused of killing Shasta County gas station clerk pleads guilty, apologizes to victim's family
- Parent who paid $400,000 to get his child into Georgetown pleads guilty
- Colusa man pleads guilty to killing migratory birds
- Man Pleads Guilty to 2015 Murder of 6-Year-Old Girl
- Man pleads guilty to selling marijuana candies to Oroville students
- Man pleads guilty to arson charges during the Carr Fire
- Man pleads guilty to starting Klamathon Fire in Siskiyou County