REDDING, Calif. - On Feb 15, at 5:28 pm, Redding Police Officers attempted to serve arrest warrants at 17772 Peterson Lane Redding Ca. Derrick Skyler Steele, 33, and Kaula Louise Reed, 32, both reside at the location, are on probation and had multiple warrants for their arrest.
Police say officers arrested Reed after she fled out of a rear window of the residence.
Officials say the male Derrick Steele tried to flee out of the rear window but retreated into the residence when officers confronted him. The male refused officer’s commands to come out and surrender.
Police say announcements for Steele to surrender over a police vehicle PA system continued for about 40 minutes.
Redding Police say they deployed an aerosol form of pepper spray into the residence. Steele continued to refuse to surrender to officers. Officers had to force the door of the residence open to gain entry.
Officers entered the location and with the help of Redding Police K9 Otto, Steele was taken into custody.
- Redding Police arrest two wanted felons
- Redding Police: Wanted Felon's Daughter Ends Standoff
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession
- Redding K-9 officer detains wanted felon
- Redding Police K9 assists in apprehending wanted felon in canal
- Wanted felon arrested in Humboldt County
- Two Wanted Felons Arrested During Traffic Stop
- Wanted felon arrested by Chico K-9 Officer
- Anderson Police Search for Wanted Felon