New Sunday morning, Redding Police have arrested a man armed with several weapons prowling in an evacuation zone of the Carr Fire.
Around 10:45 p.m. Saturday, Redding Police said they found 45-year-old Mitchell Stuebgen in an evacuated part of Lake Boulevard.
The suspect was found wearing all camouflage clothing and police said he admitted to knowing the area was under evacuation.
When police searched him, he was found with several weapons including a loaded handgun, a machete, a billy club, a pair of nunchakus and a knife.
He also reportedly told police he was a drug addict and was not allowed to carry a gun.
Stuebgen was booked on drug and gun charges and was transported to Shasta County Jail.
Redding police say they are “aggressively patrolling evacuated areas of the city and will continue to do so.”
- Redding Police arrest suspected armed prowler in evacuation zone
- Redding police arrest suspected prowler
- Paradise prowler arrest
- Redding Police: Neighborhood Prowlers Chased, Captured
- Chico police arrest night-time prowler
- Chico police arrest night-time prowler, again
- CAMP FIRE: 2 arrested in suspected evacuation zone looting
- Burglary Suspect Arrested in Previously Evacuated Camp Fire Zone
- Redding Police search for armed robbery suspect
- Redding police K-9 helps apprehend armed suspect