REDDING, Calif. - The Redding Police Department says a man on the run since February in connection to a series of high-profile cases involving explosives has been captured.
Police say Daniel Ray Kuykendall, 51, of Redding, had 12 outstanding warrants for his arrest with a total bail exceeding 1.3 million dollars. Investigators say Kuykendall had been on the run since February 2018 and was located hiding behind a mirror in a small travel trailer during a probation search conducted at 2187 Old Alturas Road in Redding.
Kuykendall was wanted for possession of explosives which were linked to an incident in the 3400 block of Hiatt Drive which occurred on Feb. 15, 2018. During that incident, nearby Buckeye School was evacuated because explosives were found in the backyard of a residence on Hiatt Drive along with an anonymous note that informing the homeowner of what was in their yard. Investigators believe Kuykendall obtained the explosives during the burglary of a residence in Happy Valley where more than 100 pounds of explosives were later located in late February of 2018.
Police Kuykendall has a lengthy criminal history and has been booked into the Shasta County Jail 42 times since 1992.
This was all part of an operation targeting gang issues and AB109 compliance in Redding. On Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2018, Redding Police Department Investigators, Neighborhood Police Officers and members of the Shasta Interagency Narcotics Task Force targeted individuals who have been involved in recent gang-related crimes and areas where ongoing criminal activity has been a problem. Investigators collected street-level criminal intelligence while working in recent cases and used that information to direct the efforts of the operation.
During the operation investigators located and seized cocaine, over three ounces of heroin, and approximately $3,400 in cash related to narcotics sales. Five individuals were arrested and charges will be sought against three others.
- Redding Police Arrest Suspect in High-Profile Explosives Cases in Shasta County
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Suspects Arrested in Redding Police K-9 Poisoning
- Redding Police: Suspected Drug Dealer Arrest
- Redding police arrest Parkview stabbing suspect
- Police Arrest Three Burglary Suspects in Mount Shasta
- Marysville Police arrest suspect in suspected child molestation case
- Redding Rancheria awarded Shasta County with grant
- Shasta County suspect arrested on charges of abusing girlfriend, infant
- Shasta County Sees Increase in Flu Cases