REDDING, Calif. -The Redding Police Department says a man is behind bars for terrorist threats and domestic battery against his girlfriend.
Police responded to a home on Nebula Street in Redding at around 9:30 p.m. Sunday due to a call that Arlend J. Bonsey, 49, was in an argument with his girlfriend and her two daughters.
The victim reported that Bonsey had been drinking alcohol and made threats to shoot her and her daughters. The victims also warned officers that Bonsey was armed. Officers called Bonsey on the phone to try to negotiate with him, and Bonsey ultimately left the home and was arrested. A gun was found at the home.
Officers say they confirmed Bonsey tried to load the gun while threatening to kill the victim and had hit the victim earlier in the night.
He is now behind bars at the Shasta County Jail for terrorist threats and domestic battery.
- Redding Police arrest man for threats to shoot girlfriend
- Police Arrest Redding Man Suspected of Severely Assaulting, Robbing Girlfriend
- Redding man arrested for holding girlfriend hostage in armed standoff with police
- Red Bluff student arrested in connection with school-shooting threat
- Redding Police arrest man for shooting neighbor with airsoft rifle
- Red Bluff police: school shooting threat deemed not credible
- Arrest Made in Redding Shooting
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Redding Man Arrested for Assault on Girlfriend, Stand-off With Deputies
- Redding Police arrest "Habitual Thief"